In exciting news, with the lifting of Covid restrictions, we are able to run our Orientation Day for Year 7 2021 on Tuesday 1 December, which is the state-wide Orientation Day. Year 7 2021 parents have been mailed a package with all of this information.
The event will consist of two sessions:
- Year 6 students will attend PHHS during the day, (9:00am – 2:45pm) and
- we will hold a Zoom meeting for parents in the evening. (6:30pm)
Orientation Day: Student Sessions
On the day, students will need to bring a pen and pencil and food for recess. The school canteen will also be in operation. Students should wear their primary school uniform. Head Teacher Wellbeing Mr Papangelis, Year 7 2021 Adviser Mr Truebody and Peer Support Coordinator Mr Rice have a heap of fun planned for the day!
Students will engage in peer support activities, wellbeing transition activities, and complete a short online test to assist with our class formation.
We hope to provide, as we do each year, a BBQ lunch for students, where students will receive a sausage sandwich and a drink at no cost. Covid-19 restrictions will be followed. We will finish the day at 2:45 pm.
Parents must park outside of the school grounds and please wait for students outside the gates. Covid rules prevent parents being on site.
Orientation Evening: Parent Information Session 6:30pm – Zoom Meeting:
Year 7 2021 parents are invited to join us for a parent information session via Zoom where we will introduce you to our principal (Brett Hugo), myself (Lisa Edwards – Deputy Principal Year 7), Adam Truebody (Year 7 Adviser), and Hipp Papangelis (Head Teacher Wellbeing).
We will cover:
- Routines and school organisation (timetables, daily structure)
- Student wellbeing and discipline policy and Code of Conduct
- Uniform expectations
- 2021 orientation program, Year 7 camp, peer support lessons
- Class formation
- BYOD (bring your own device) information and Department of Education software downloads
- High potential and gifted program, learning support
- Getting organised – diary, homework, study
- Sport and extracurricular opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
- Fees and school contributions
Date: Tuesday 1 December 2020
If the Zoom link does not work, log into Zoom and then use the meeting ID: 755 679 9322
You will need to sign into Zoom with a registered Zoom account. Further information can be found on this document about accessing Zoom and the meeting: Parent Zoom Orientation 2020
We look forward to seeing your children on 1 December, and to talking with you via Zoom in the evening meeting session.
Lisa Edwards – Deputy Principal