Students study varied subjects in Human Society and Its Environment (HSIE). In years 7-10, History and Geography are mandatory. Students also have the opportunity to learn more about people and the societies and the environments in which they live, through elective subjects. Through the study of HSIE, students develop the skills to prepare them to actively and responsibly participate as informed citizens in the modern world.
We offer a range of educational experiences beyond the traditional classroom setting. Some of our highlights include:
- An archaeological dig site in the school grounds
- Small business market day
- Excursions to various locations including the Sydney Jewish Museum and local law courts
- An urban garden/ agriculture plot in the school grounds
- Annual Medieval exhibition and WWI artefact presentation
- Geography fieldwork on the Minamurra river.
- History Elective
- Geography Elective
- Aboriginal Studies
- Ancient History
- Business Studies
- History Extension
- Legal Studies
- Modern History
- Society and Culture
- Studies of Religion.